Balsamic-infused strawberries and vibrant pistachios elevate this gloriously rich and oozy camembert into a winning table centerpiece.
Baked Camembert with Balsamic Strawberries and Pistachios
To keep the camembert from oozing everywhere, bake and present the wheel in the wooden case it comes in. Serve with crusty baguette or oat biscuits for a decadent pairing that will have your guests “oohing and ahhing.”
- 1 cup strawberries, halved (or quartered if strawberries are larger)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- A pinch of kosher salt
- A pinch of freshly cracked black pepper, plus more to garnish
- 1 8.8-ounce Le Pommier Camembert wheel
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped toasted pistachios, to garnish
- Toss strawberries with vinegar, honey, sugar, salt, and pepper. Set aside at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Unwrap cheese from its packaging and nestle it back into its case. Slash the top a few times before placing it on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is liquid in the center. .
- Transfer baked camembert onto serving platter. Top with strawberries, chopped pistachios, and a crack or two of black pepper and eat immediately.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/