Balsamic & Berry Cheese Accompaniment
Chef Harris likes to serve these macerated berries in individual ramekins alongside a bloomy-rind cheese like Sweet Grass Dairy's Green Hill from Thomasville, Georgia.
- 1 pint blackberries, washed and halved
- 1 pint raspberries, washed and halved
- 1 pint blueberries, washed
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (or to taste) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 5 mint leaves, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the berries. Pour the vinegar over the berries, and stir in the sugar, to taste, and the salt. Fold in the chopped mint. Cover and allow the mixture to macerate for several hours before serving.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/