Bellwether Farms Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
Based on a Bellweather Farms recipe, these frozen treats combine the creaminess of cheesecake with the bright flavor of strawberries and the refreshing chill of a popsicle. Feel free to mix up the flavors by using a different fruit and cookie combination. Blueberry with peanut butter cookies, raspberry with snickerdoodles, and mango with gingersnaps are all delicious options. You’ll need popsicle molds or 4-ounce plastic cups and popsicle sticks to make this recipe.
- 7½ ounces Bellwether Farms fromage blanc
- 4 ounces Bellwether Farms crème fraîche
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 6 ounces fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and chopped
- 4 ounces dark chocolate cookies, such as Goya Chocolate Maria Cookies, Tate’s Double Chocolate Chip, or Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Chocolate cookies
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a food processor, combine the fromage blanc, crème fraîche, sugar, and milk until thick and creamy (about 45 seconds). Add the strawberries, and give four 1-second pulses to combine while still preserving some strawberry texture. Spoon the mixture into the popsicle molds, leaving about 1 inch of space for the cookie crust.
- In a clean food processor, process the cookies until only crumbs remain (about 1 minute). While the food processor is running, add the melted butter in a slow stream until the mixture resembles wet sand. Top the popsicles with equal amounts of the crust, pressing down gently to compact.
- If using popsicle molds, insert the popsicle sticks immediately. If using plastic cups, allow the mixture to freeze and thicken for about 30 minutes before inserting the sticks. Then, freeze for at least 6 hours.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/