Burrata with Cherry Tomato Confit
Stick with cherry, grape, or other bite-size tomato varieties to ensure proper cooking. To serve, top bread slices with tomato confit and a scoop of burrata, then season with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf crusty French bread, sliced
- 1 8-ounce ball burrata cheese, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
- Heat oven to 325°F. Toss together tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, and olive oil in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour tomato mixture onto a baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake, shaking pan once or twice, until tomatoes are just beginning to burst, about 45 minutes. Set aside mixture to cool slightly. Discard rosemary stems. Transfer tomato confit to a glass jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, let tomato confit sit at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and serve alongside bread and burrata.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/
Photography by Jennifer Silverberg