Cool Shrimp Tacos
These shrimp tacos are easy to make, and oh-so-tasty. Developed by the chefs at the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, these tacos involve minimal stove time, making them a great hot weather choice.
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 1 1-ounce package taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (about ¼ cup)
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled, deveined, and cooked
- Butter lettuce leaves, torn
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream and 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning mix; mix well. Stir in the cucumbers, onions, avocados, and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, toss the shrimp and the remaining taco seasoning mix together. Serve family-style with individual bowls for the sour cream mixture, shrimp, lettuce, cheese and salsa.
- Top each tortilla with the sour cream mixture and shrimp. Garnish with cheese and salsa.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/