All the components for this multilayered dessert can be prepared ahead of time; assemble the dessert about an hour before serving.
- 4 cups (1 pound) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon honey
ASSEMBLING THE NAPOLEON
- ½ (17.3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry (1 sheet), thawed
- Confectioners’ sugar
THE CRANBERRY FILLING
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, and lime juice in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and stir in the lime zest. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cranberries burst and the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut into three strips along the fold marks, and place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes or until puffed and deeply golden. Let cool.
THE MASCARPONE FILLING
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form in a medium bowl. Fold the mascarpone and honey into the whipped cream until combined.
TO ASSEMBLE THE NAPOLEON
- Split each strip pastry into two layers, forming a total of six layers. Spread 1/2 cup cranberry filling on one pastry layer. Top with 1/2 cup mascarpone mixture, evenly spread. Place another layer of pastry on top. Repeat the layers, and finish with a pastry layer. Sprinkle the top with confectioners’ sugar. Repeat to assemble another napoleon.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/