Fondue Cheesy Bread
Gruyère and Emmentaler come together in everyone’s favorite melty dip, made portable (you’re welcome)
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine such as pinot grigio
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 cups grated Gruyère cheese
- 1 cup grated Emmentaler cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Slice bread in half lengthwise. Tear out some of the bread’s center to make a shallow well. Halve garlic clove, and rub cut side on inside of bread. Place bread cut side up on a baking sheet, and set aside.
- Combine oil, wine, and nutmeg in a bowl, and whisk to emulsify. Brush mixture evenly over bread with a pastry brush, and top with Gruyère and Emmentaler. Bake for 10 minutes, until cheese is just melted. Let cool for 3 to 5 minutes, then slice each loaf half into 8 pieces, and serve immediately.