Kale and Radicchio Salad with Roasted Grapes
It may be ubiquitous, but we can’t quit kale. The cruciferous veggie’s sturdy leaves and mineral flavor star in this salad, while sweet roasted grapes take the edge off bitter radicchio.
- 2 cups red grapes, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small bunch lacinato kale, stems removed, torn into 1-inch pieces
- ½ head radicchio, torn into 1-inch pieces
- ½ fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces aged Havarti, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Maldon sea salt, to taste
- Heat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, toss all ingredients. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and roast 20 minutes. Remove from oven, discard thyme, and set aside to cool.
- While grapes are roasting, whisk together mustard, honey, and vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk in oil in a slow stream. Stir in salt.
- Rinse and dry kale and radicchio and toss together in a large salad bowl. Add fennel and grapes. Toss with vinaigrette until coated thoroughly. Garnish with Havarti and pumpkin seeds and sprinkle with Maldon salt.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/