Mascarpone Panna Cotta with Cinnamon and Coffee
To serve panna cottas unmolded, as pictured, add an additional ½ teaspoon of gelatin powder to the recipe and spray 6-ounce ramekins with cooking spray before portioning. Unmold by running a sharp knife around the outside and inverting onto serving plates.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ ounce (1 package) unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 ladyfinger cookies
- Combine heavy cream, mascarpone, sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour milk into a small bowl and sprinkle in gelatin powder. Set aside for 5 minutes to “bloom.”
- Return heavy cream mixture to a low simmer over low heat. Add milk-gelatin mixture and stir until no lumps remain.
- Divide custard evenly among serving glasses and refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, pulse cocoa powder and ladyfingers in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Sprinkle mixture over tops of set custards.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/
Photo Credit Jennifer Silverberg