Orecchiette with Crème Fraîche, Swiss Chard, and Toasted Walnuts
Creamy, bright, and oh-so-comforting, this simple pasta recipe can also be made with fresh or frozen tortellini.
- 16 ounces dried oriecchiette or fresh or frozen tortellini
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon honey
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 bundle Swiss chard ribs removed and leaves chopped (4 cups loosely packed)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, whisk crème fraîche, 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, and honey together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chard and sauté until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Wipe pan clean. Add walnuts. Toast over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.
- Toss cooked pasta with crème fraîche sauce and divide among plates. Garnish each with a scoop of Swiss chard, a sprinkling of walnuts, and a few grinds of black pepper.