Peju Province Winery's Bacon-Wrapped Dates
These bacon-wrapped, Manchego-stuffed dates satisfy your sweet and savory needs, and best of all, they're a cinch to make. Pair them with Peju Province Winery's 2013 Syrah.
- 15 Medjool dates pitted
- 1 pound aged Manchego cut into 15 blocks
- 5 slices bacon cut into thirds lengthwise
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Make an incision on the side of each date and insert a Manchego block. Squeeze the date shut to secure. Wrap each date with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the dates on a sheet tray lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Roast in oven for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the bacon starts to crisp. Turn the dates over and cook 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Remove dates from the oven and brush both sides with maple syrup. Return dates to the oven until they are crackly and sticky, about 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Pair with Peju Province Winery's 2013 Syrah.