Pistachio Honey Ricotta Ice Cream
Toasted, chopped pistachios, fresh ricotta, and a ribbon of honey give this ice cream its unique flavor. Schroeder calls it “a composed dessert, all mashed together in a pint.” You’ll need an ice cream maker for this recipe.
- Ice Cream Base
- ¾ cup toasted chopped pistachios
- ¾ cup ricotta
- ¼ cup honey
- Prepare Ice Cream Base, and place finished mixture in refrigerator to chill, at least 8 hours. Then, pour into an ice cream maker and spin according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine pistachios, ricotta, and honey.
- When ice cream is finished, gently stir in pistachio-ricotta-honey mixture as you scoop it
- into storage container(s).
- Store in the freezer for at least 2 hours (and preferably overnight) before serving. Alternatively, you may use a home camping-style or foam cooler to freeze ice cream. Place ice cream inside, and top with a block of dry ice followed by a sheet of cardboard. The dry ice mimics the action of a hardening cabinet, an essential part of the ice cream manufacturing process. When the ice cream is rock-hard, transfer it to your home freezer. It will actually rise to proper serving temperature in the freezer.