Prosciutto and Apple Grilled Cheese with Crescenza-Stracchino and American Grana®
Fresh Crescenza-Stracchino melts into creamy deliciousness in this artisan grilled cheese sandwich.
- 2 slices Italian bread
- BelGioioso Mascarpone (or butter), for greasing bread
- 2 ounces La Bottega di BelGioioso® Crescenza-Stracchino cheese, sliced into 4 strips
- 4 slices prosciutto
- ½ apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded BelGioioso American Grana® cheese
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat.
- Spread a thin layer of mascarpone on 1 side of each bread slice. Place 1 slice in skillet, mascarpone side down, and top with 2 strips Crescenza-Stracchino. Add prosciutto, apple slices, American Grana®, and remaining Crescenza-Stracchino. Top with second slice of bread, mascarpone side up.
- Cook until bread is golden brown and cheeses have melted, about 2 to 4 minutes per side. Serve warm.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/