Adding salt to lemonade or limeade might sound counterintuitive, but it’s common in parts of Thailand and India. Still need convincing? Think of a salt-rimmed margarita—it’s that good.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for rimming glasses
- 1 cup lemon-lime juice from 6–8 lemons and limes
- ½ cup simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 3 cups water
- Lime wheels, to garnish
- Salt the rims of 4 drinking glasses, and fill halfway with ice.
- Combine the lemon-lime juice, syrup, water, and salt in a pitcher, and stir to combine.
- Fill each glass with the lemon-limeade, garnish with a lime wheel, and serve.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/