Spicy Chicken Sausage Pizza with Smoked Cheeses
Juicy chicken sausage and smoky, creamy chèvre star in this pie that brings the heat.
- Makes 3 servings You’ll need only one serving for this pizza.
- 1 28- ounce can San Marzano diced tomatoes liquid drained
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tablespoon salt
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Pinch sugar
- 1 8- inch link spicy chicken sausage
- Flour for dusting
- ½ recipe Overnight Pizza Dough
- 1 serving Tomato Sauce
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella grated
- ½ cup chopped pepperoncini seeds and stems removed
- 4 ounces soft smoked goat cheese, such as Westfield Farm’s Hickory Smoked Capri
- TOMATO SAUCE: Purée tomatoes in a food processor with garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and sugar. Set aside.
- PIZZA: Heat oven to 500°F. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Remove sausage from casing, crumble, and sauté about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Flour an overturned baking sheet. Stretch pizza dough to a 13-by-9-inch rectangle, and transfer to baking sheet.
- Top dough with tomato sauce, mozzarella, sausage, pepperonicini, and goat cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until the bottom of crust is crisp and brown. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool 5 minutes before serving.