Tiramisu with BelGioioso Mascarpone
This traditional Italian dessert balances the rich sweetness of mascarpone with the slightly bitter depth of cocoa and espresso.
- 3 large eggs (or pasteurized egg substitute*)
- 1 cup espresso or strong coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cognac or brandy
- 8 ounces BelGioioso Mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 10 ladyfingers
- Combine 3 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon espresso, sugar and cognac into large bowl. Beat 2 - 3 minutes. Add BelGioioso Mascarpone and beat 3 - 5 minutes until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine 3 egg whites and a pinch of sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into Mascarpone mixture.
- Quickly dip each ladyfinger into remaining espresso and layer on bottom of small serving dish. Spread Mascarpone mixture and sprinkle with cocoa. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- *If using egg substitute, skip step 2 and beat until fluffy.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/