Tomato, Melon, and Mozzarella Salad
Get the freshest mozzarella you can find for this salad—or better yet, suggests Chef Charlie Redd, make your own.
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 4 to 5 medium heirloom tomatoes, cored and sliced
- ½ medium cantaloupe or honeydew melon, seeds and skin removed, thinly sliced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pink pepper, to taste
- Almond oil, to taste
- ½ cup mixed soft herbs (such as basil, tarragon, chives, chervil, mint, or lemon balm), leaves torn
- On a large platter, arrange mozzarella, tomatoes, and melon in overlapping slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with almond oil, garnish with herbs, and serve.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/
Photographed by Brian Samuels