Whipped Feta with Honey and Spiced Walnuts
Briny whipped feta is tempered by sweet honey and clove-spiced walnuts in this addictive alternative to plain cream cheese. Assemble feta with toppings on bagels or in a bowl for a large group—it also makes a fantastic dip for bagel chips. Stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it will last for up to a week.
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- 1½ teaspoons warm honey plus more to garnish
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup about 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- Bagels for serving
- ►Heat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss walnuts with honey, olive oil, and cloves in a small bowl until fully coated. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until walnuts are toasted. Cool.
- ►Place feta and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until cheeses are mixed. Add milk and pulse until mixture is light and fluffy. If mixture is still thick, add more milk until you reach the right consistency.
- ►Spread feta on bagels and top with spiced walnuts and a drizzle of honey before eating.