Grafton Village Clothbound Cheddar Spiced Fricos
This nuanced clothbound cheddar from Vermont lends itself perfectly to lacey baked cheese crisps.
- 4 ounces Grafton Village Clothbound Cheddar, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ►Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil and top with parchment.
- ►Using a micrograter or the finest side on your box grater, grate the Grafton Village Clothbound Cheddar into a bowl.
- ►In a separate small bowl, combine spices.
- ►Using your fingers or a spoon, scoop the grated cheese into loose mounds about 1 inch in diameter on baking sheet, leaving approximately 1 inch between each. Top the mounds with a sprinkle of spice mixture.
- ►Place baking sheet on top oven rack. Bake for 4 to 8 minutes, watching carefully until the melted cheese has stopped bubbling and the edges are slightly tanned. To avoid bitterness, be careful not to let edges get too brown.
- ►Remove baking sheet from the oven and allow to sit for 2 minutes. With a soft spatula, transfer each frico to a cooling rack (cover the cooling rack with a paper towel first, to absorb any oil from the fricos). Serve with your favorite jams (we recommend apple or dark berry), or top with a crisp apple slice.
- Put your own spin on this recipe by swapping in your favorite spice. Let us know your variation in the comments!
- Sponsored by Grafton Village Cheese.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/