Sponsored by Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Co.
Summer Little Gem Wedge with Creamy Bay Blue Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup crumbled Bay Blue about 4 ounces
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 shallot peeled
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 heads Little Gem lettuce cut in half horizontally, washed & dried
- 1 small red onion minced
- 2 small tomatoes diced
- ½ cup cooked corn kernels
- 4 slices bacon cooked crisp & crumbled
- Minced chives for garnish
- ►Combine mayonnaise, Bay Blue, buttermilk, shallot, zest, salt, parsley & pepper in food processor or blender. Pulse to combine, leaving the mixture somewhat chunky.
- ►Arrange Little Gem halves on plates and spoon dressing over each one. Top with onions, tomato, corn, bacon and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste & serve.