We’re officially in the thick of summertime—record-breaking heat waves and all—so we’ve never been more ready to celebrate National Ice Cream Month. And being the die-hand turophiles we are, we’re dreaming about all the cheesy ice cream we can get our hands on. See which ice cream shops and brands carry some of our favorite cheese-filled frozen desserts here.
In other cheese news:
- Have you entered our summer giveaway with Rougette Bonfire Grilling Cheese yet? You could be the lucky winner of a Big Green Egg and delicious summer grilling cheeses, among other great prizes. Learn more and enter here!
- Western Massachusetts-based High Lawn Farm, widely known for its milk for decades, has pivoted to producing artisan cheese in the past couple of years. Our latest web piece covers these new wheels from the perspective of a local, highlighting the production process, tasting notes, and where you can grab a sample of your own. Read it here.
- Boursin is turning up the summer vibes with its latest flavor release: Parsley & Lemon, a bright and citrusy cheese that’s perfect for poolside snacking—and only available for a limited time.
- Cheesemonger Invitational host and self-described “Mr. Moo” Adam Moskowitz was recently featured in the Born Or Made podcast, where he discusses his system for making cheese sales, tips on following your passion, and more. Listen here.
- Believe it or not, it is possible to eat ice cream like a supermodel. Tyra Banks is joining the ice cream scene with her new line of Smize Cream—seven flavors of custard-style ice cream that’ll make you feel like you’re on top.
- Teenage cheesemaker and ACS award winner Avery Jones was recently profiled in Food & Wine, where she discusses her favorite parts about cheesemaking, what it felt like to win an award, and more. Read it here.
- Calling all dairy producers and cheesemakers: Applications for the 2021 Jennifer Bice Artisan Dairy/Cheesemaker Grant Award are now open! The award of $10,000 will be awarded to an individual that’s a member of the California Artisan Cheese Guild and is involved in the field of artisan dairy or cheese production. See details and apply here.
- Cheese Preacher of Chicago Erika Kubick (best known as the face behind @cheesesexdeath) is now hosting Cheese Church on Patreon. Fans can join the “congregation” by paying a monthly fee and getting exclusive access to weekly Sunday sermons that cover “profiles on sexy bodies of Cheesus, seasonal pairing guides, seductive platter ideas, sensual recipes,” and more. Learn more here.
- The official state cheese is soon to be announced in America’s Dairyland—and Colby is a frontrunner. A bipartisan bill was introduced earlier this week, which would officially crown the cheese with the title. But first it needs to clear the state Senate and Assembly, and be signed by the governor. Read all about the history of this Wisconsin-born cheese here.