Remember the viral videos of people throwing cheese on their dogs, and then recording their reactions? Well, it’s back…with a twist. The cheese remains, but you throw it on your child instead. The kids actually seem to enjoy it most of the time, but obviously, you shouldn’t run around smacking children with cheese. But if you do, make sure you record it.
Here’s what you might have (also) missed this week in cheese news:
- If you’re in the know, Chick-fil-A’s Chick-Fil-A sauce has something of a cult following. They recently released a new cheese sauce at select locations, and the Twitter results are in.
- The McDonald’s global headquarters in Chicago offers select options from McDonald’s menus worldwide (like the matcha latte in Japan). Their latest? A goat-cheese burger from Spain.
- For you podcast listeners out there, we have an interview for you. Kristine Hansen, author of the new “The Wisconsin Cheese Cookbook,” talks recipes, stories, and fun facts here.
- Remember Hot Pockets? While the extensive ingredient list might give pause to anyone over ten, this easy recipe for homemade ham and cheese Hot Pockets will make you feel like a kid again.
- March 5 is Cheese Doodle Day (don’t worry— you still have a two days’ head start). If you’re unsure which cheese puff to indulge in, these people did a blind taste test to ascertain the best doodles.
- Next time, walk into your cheese shop like an expert. Some folks over at the Houstonia compiled a list of all the cheese questions you don’t want to ask your monger.
- For those basketball lovers out there, you should check out Willy Street Co-op’s bracket challenge. People are encouraged to submit a March Madness-style list of local Wisconsin cheeses in order to select the reigning champion.