Greetings, cheese lovers! Warm weather is finally here—and with that, it’s prime time for parties. We love a celebration too, but after all the margaritas have been downed and all the chips have been eaten—dipped in cheese, of course—we know that all that cleanup can be a pain. So take a break: Here’s an excuse to carve out a little time for yourself as you kick back, relax, and catch up on the cheesiest news.
Here’s what you might have missed this week:
- If you’re near an Einstein Bros. Bagels, get your butt over there for mac and cheese covered bagels; it’s the post-party breakfast you deserve this weekend.
- Follow up your Cinco de Mayo celebrations with a little reading about Mexico’s cheese culture—did you know that Mexico is ranked tenth in global cheese production? Meet some cheeses from Mexico that are way better than any bagged blend.
- Or, read up on James Beard Award winner Chef Hugo Ortega, who’s bringing cheesy Oaxacan cuisine to Houston (with recipes including crave-able cotija-covered corn and melty queso).
- The Irish smashed their competition at the UK Artisan Cheese Awards with 14 gold medals. We’ll be over here celebrating with a wedge of Coolea.
- In California, crispy, cheesy, and super Instagram-worthy cheese tarts from Japan are making their way stateside.
- Wisconsin is making our cheese dreams come true: The dairy heartland just broke its record for cheese production.
- This Austin cheese shop has sold over 4,000 pounds of cheese since January. Texans, you’re doing us proud.
- Want to be your cheesemonger’s favorite customer? Here’s how to make it happen.
- One Vermont company is using whey protein from cheesemaking in their finishes for hardwood floors. Hey, whey not?
- What’s in a name? The Wall Street Journal breaks down how the European Union’s name protections affect American producers.
- We love this guide to French cheese, from the duo behind a cooking school in Burgundy.
- Should you toss that moldy hunk in the back of the deli drawer? Probably not, but here’s how to know for sure.
- If you thought stuffed crust pizza couldn’t get any richer, you thought wrong: Pizza Hut is kicking it up a notch with even more cheese.
Photo of Coolea Irish Farmhouse Cheese