Somehow, as the days of 2020 continue to muddle together (wasn’t it just August?), November has arrived! Whether we’re ready for it or not, the month for Thanksgiving preparation is here, which means National Apple Month is over. But if you haven’t gotten your fill of this autumn staple yet, keep the celebration going: Experiment with some cheese pairings that feature apples and yummy ciders all harvest season long.
In other cheese news:
- The Specialty Food Association’s annual Winter Fancy Food Show set for January 2021 will be pivoting its format this year to an all-inclusive digital marketplace—Specialty Food LIVE!—a second edition of their successful virtual event in September. Learn more about the event and register here.
- The European Parliament recently voted in favor of banning plant-based alternatives from using dairy terms like “yogurt” and “cheese” in their titles, a move that the European Dairy Association referred to as “a good day for dairy, for European consumers and citizens, and for Europe.”
- It’s officially comfort food season: Uplands Cheese’s seasonal Rush Creek Reserve is back! This soft, savory wheel is wrapped in spruce bark and perfect served slightly warmed and spread over some fresh bread—especially during colder months. Order your wheel now.
- The winners of 2020’s Utah Cheese Awards have been announced. This year, their coveted Best in Show award went to Caputo’s Market’s Mesa Tome—a firm goat’s milk cheese that’s produced near Capitol Reef National Park in Southern Utah and aged in Caputo’s Cheese Cave. See the full list of winners here.
- Maytag Dairy Farms released a brand-new artisan wheel: Maytag Farm Reserve Blue Cheese. Its rich, buttery texture is encased in a natural bloomy rind that offers a new, indulgent experience for Maytag lovers.
- In case you missed Board at Home’s seasonal spooky board, they’re now receiving pre-orders for their Falling for Fromage kit, filled with harvest-themed cheeses and accompaniments that will complete your at-home Thanksgiving spread.
- Just in time for the upcoming holiday season, Fratelli Beretta is launching a traditional and high-quality pre-made charcuterie board. Filled with Italian salumi, provolone, pepper jack cheese, and accompaniments, the board is perfect for small, socially-distant gatherings without the stress of prep time.