Happy September, my fellow curd nerds! We’re finally moving past the days of salads and lighter fare and digging into comfort food bliss like salty, gooey, bacon-wrapped cheese! We’ve also got a story about a sweet Septuagenarian and his quest for a wheel of Parm, an actual cheese church, and a roundup of pizza praising quotes that’ll help you justify your love for the pie.
Here’s what you may have missed this week:
- This dad set out on a road trip to buy a giant wheel of parmigiano for his 70th birthday. Is it too late for him to adopt us?
- NPR is here to give us all a history lesson on government cheese.
- Cooler weather means stuffing our faces, guilt-free, with plates of warm, bacon wrapped blue cheese and dried plums with fresh thyme!
- Scottish readers, don’t bother pinching yourselves, this is no dream! Scotland is getting a cheese restaurant!
- Speaking of cheese restaurants, the famed Cheese Bar in London launched a crowdfunding campaign to help with their expansion into Covent Garden. Donate here.
- Wine and crackers are commonly found in church, so why not cheese?! A church turned cheese factory has answered our prayers.
- This past Wednesday was National Cheese Pizza Day but these Instagram captions are here to keep the party going.
- If you thought celebrities were the only ones insuring their body parts for millions of dollars (we’re looking at you Rihanna) you thought wrong! This Cheese Graders nose is worth a whole lotta chedda.
- Soufflé myths debunked and an awesome recipe to boot.
- There are a lot of reasons why a person may switch to milk alternatives. All of them sad. But can those products really be labeled as “milk”? These dairy farmers don’t think so.
- Learn how to make your own cottage cheese with this how-to from Bon Appetit.
- The next time you go for a hike, forego the trail mix and pack one of these seemingly indestructible cheese balls.
- Bored with your boards? Check out this video for a breakdown of what makes for a perfect cheese platter.
- If you loved reading about the cheese found in a tomb, we’ve got another ancient cheese discovery! No spooky curses this time though, promise.