Pear and Muenster Grilled Cheese
Take grilled cheese to a sweet place with the addition of sliced pear. Tangy whole-grain mustard rounds out the flavors and makes this sandwich substantial enough for dinner.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 medium-size pear, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 slices muenster cheese
- ►Melt butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. Spread 1 tablespoon mustard on one side of each slice of sourdough.
- ►Add bread, mustard side up, to the skillet. Add one-quarter of the sliced pear and 1 slice muenster. Top with another bread slice, mustard
- side down. Cook sandwich until bread is golden brown and muenster has melted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- ►Using a spatula, carefully flip sandwich and cook an additional 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make the second sandwich.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/