January 20th was National Cheese Lover’s Day—a.k.a. our favorite day of the year. If you tragically missed it (or want to keep the celebration going), check out our suggestions on how to seize this turophilic day.
In other cheese news:
- In the midst of the looming tariffs, some specialty wine and cheese shop owners have resorted to stockpiling large amounts of imported goods for the future. This includes anything with a long shelf life (think: olive oil, wine, and cheeses like Manchego and Parmigiano).
- We could never get tired of eating mac and cheese…even for dessert? Owowcow has taken this weeknight mainstay to the next level by turning it into an ice cream flavor. It’s around for a short time and there are limited quantities in the shop, so run don’t walk!
- A new fromage fest is coming to Wisconsin this summer. The Art of Cheese Festival will take place across a three-day event in August and will feature classes, dairy farm tours, plenty of food, and even a Cheese Ball, where you can dance the night away.
- A recent University of Liverpool tweet went viral after reporting it found a slice of American cheese product being used as a bookmark. Personally, we don’t think that’s the worst way those orange slices could be used.
- Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers’s State of the State Address greatly pleased members of the Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association. His speech included goals to enhance the dairy industry and strengthen rural communities in the Cheese State. Cheers to that!