November is here, which means October (AKA National Pizza Month) is behind us. If you missed it, don’t worry. Just run over to your local Trader Joe’s ASAP, pick up one of their many options for pizza cheese, and start rolling out your homemade dough. Keep the festivities going!
In other cheese news:
- The World Cheese Awards took place on October 18th in Bergamo, Italy. Check out some of the highest-scoring cheese winners of the year here.
- A Wisconsin man was cited for disorderly conduct after making a scene at a pizza restaurant. Why was he upset? He didn’t think his pizza had enough cheese. (Who can blame him?)
- October 17th was National Pasta Day. Have a belated celebration night: just you and a plate of these fondue-flavored bucatini.
- Wisconsin lawmakers have introduced a bill that would make Colby the official cheese of the state. Since it was Wisconsin who brought the cheese into existence back in the 1800s, we think this is a fitting choice.
- California dairy farmers have been significantly struggling since the wildfires have ravaged the area and left several farms—that are dependent on electricity—without power.
- FrieslandCampina, a Dutch dairy cooperative, just introduced fully recyclable cheese packaging for their products—a first for the industry. This sustainability step could save over 600,000 pounds worth of plastic every year.
- Bourbon-loving turophiles: We’re about to make your day. Basil Hayden’s and Beehive Cheese have unveiled their collaborative Pour Me A Slice, a bourbon-infused cow’s milk cheese.