September was National Potato Month, which means the Cheese and Potato cooking feature from our Autumn issue couldn’t have been more perfectly timed. Check out some of those recipes to keep the potato-month festivities going. After all, before you know it, it’ll be National Potato Day (October 27) and you can celebrate all over again.
- Following the Trump Administration’s recent 25 percent tariff increase on Italian cheese, a woman handed Secretary of State Mike Pompeo a hunk of Parmigiano-Reggiano during his meeting with Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte as a form of protest. “This is Parmigiano-Reggiano, and this is what we make best in Italy,” Alice Martinelli told him.
- Aldi released a line of adorable Halloween-themed cheeses just in time for your ideal Halloween party cheese plate.
- The Vermont cheese brand Cabot Creamery Cooperative celebrated their 100th birthday last week.
- An unexpected pairing: Cadbury collaborated with Philadelphia to create blocks of Caramilk cream cheese.
- The world’s first cheese-conveyor restaurant recently opened in London, with 25 British cheeses that spin around for diners to enjoy with accompaniments.
- September 25 was National Quesadilla Day, and we’ve got you covered if you’re looking for a belated celebration.