Barely Buzzed Apple and Bacon Pizza
- Pizza dough (store bought or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ of medium yellow onion, cut into half rings
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts.
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 3-4 slices bacon
- ½ apple, sliced into ⅛” wedges
- 3-4 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 cup of Barely Buzzed
- Pizza sauce (store bought or homemade)
- ►Heat the oven to 450°F and sprinkle cornmeal on baking sheet. Set aside.
- ►Heat butter in a saute pan over medium-high. Add onion and spread evenly, stirring occasionally. Cook for a minute or so and then lower heat to medium-low for 10 minutes, or until onions turn a translucent brown.
- ►Add pine nuts to pan and brown alongside onions.
- ►Sprinkle salt and sugar over the onions. Cook for another 15 minutes and add water to pan if onions start to dry out. Set aside.
- ►Cook bacon on stovetop or in microwave until crisp. Cool and then chop into ½” chunks.
- ►Stretch your pizza dough to 8” pizza round. Use cornmeal or flour to prevent sticking and place dough on prepared baking sheet.
- ►Spread pizza sauce over dough and top with Barely Buzzed cheese to desired cheesiness. Add apple slices, bacon, caramelized onions, and pine nuts.
- ►Bake for 12-16 minutes on a lower oven rack until cheese is golden brown. Turn pizza occasionally to prevent uneven cooking. Sprinkle additional Barely Buzzed if desired before serving.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/