Big John's Cajun Mac-n-Cheese
What’s more delicious and homey than mac and cheese? Serve this dish with Andouille sausage and an IPA or ale for a spicy good time!
- 8 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded Beehive Cheese Big John’s Cajun cheese (you’ll need one 6 oz cut)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups whole milk or heavy cream
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cook macaroni and drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Slowly stir flour into the melted butter to make a roux. You should see a medium-thick paste forming.
- Slowly add cream or milk to the roux, being careful to stir constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and your sauce is slightly thick.
- Place cooked macaroni in a medium-sized casserole dish and pour sauce over macaroni.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes covered and then 10 minutes uncovered.
- Cool before serving.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/