Photo Credit: Cocktail photo by Set the Table
Blueberry Cobbler from TASTE
A delicious and refreshing summer cocktail based on a “classic." Created by TASTE restaurant bartender Tiffany Friday, we love this cocktail as it’s not only delicious but savory enough to pair well with food – perhaps an assorted local chevre plate? And it’s easy to make into a “mocktail”—just omit the vodka and add more soda for a wonderful non-alcoholic version.
- 8 or so blueberries + 1 more for garnish
- 1 ounce thyme simple syrup
- ¾ ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ ounces dry fly vodka
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2-3 ounces soda water
- Muddle the 8 (or so) blueberries in the bottom of a Collins glass. Fill glass with crushed ice. Add syrup, lemon juice and vodka. Top off with soda water. Garnish with a blueberry and a sprig of thyme. Enjoy!
- THYME SYRUP: Combine 2 cups of organic unbleached sugar and 2 cups of water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the stove and promptly add 1 bunch of rinsed thyme. Stir well and let the mixture steep for 2½- 3 hours. Run syrup through a fine mesh strainer, and it is ready to use. Store in a refrigerator for up to a month.
Our favorite blueberries come from Nash’s Organic Produce. For a “splash” of summer on winter, wild frozen blueberries work well in a pinch.