Cabrales, Beef, and Roasted Red Pepper Tapas
This hearty appetizer, served with Tempranillo or other Spanish red wine, is hearty enough to hold guests while you finish cooking dinner.
- ½ lb Cabrales cheese
- 1 lb beef tenderloin
- one jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 crusty baguette sliced into ⅓” slices
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat oil in skillet on medium heat til it smokes.
- Season meat generously with sea salt & pepper, sear it in the skillet on both sides, then roast it in the oven for 20 minutes (internal temperature should be around 130 degrees).
- Transfer meat to a platter and allow it to “rest” for 10 minutes, then slice thinly.
- Add crumbled Cabrales to the pan juices and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, rub garlic over the bread, and toast lightly in the oven if desired.
- To serve, spread jus-Cabrales mixture on the bread, top with two slices of red pepper, then top with the beef tenderloin. Serve warm.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/