Farro Salad with Grilled Vegetables & Comté
This farro salad—a mix of summer’s best vegetables that have been grilled, chopped, and mixed with a handful of grated Comté—makes for great leftovers. The fresh and bright flavors of this salad only intensify and blend as it marinates, so set aside a portion to look forward to the next day at lunchtime.
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 sweet peppers (5 ounces), cut into 3-inch strips
- 1⁄2 medium eggplant (7 ounces), sliced crosswise into 1-inch rounds
- 1 medium zucchini (7 ounces), sliced into 1-inch planks
- 3 scallions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup farro, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 2 ounces Comté, coarsely grated (3⁄4 cup)
- HONEY-SHERRY VINAIGRETTE: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, and honey until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- SALAD: Heat grill to medium- high. Meanwhile, on a large, rimmed baking sheet, drizzle peppers, eggplant, zucchini, and scallions with oil. Season vegetables generously with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Place vegetables on grill, and grill until peppers are tender and charred, 8 minutes. Return vegetables to baking sheet, and set aside until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes. Chop vegetables into 1⁄2-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine farro, cooked vegetables, Comté, and dressing. Toss to coat salad.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/