Fava, Pea, and Radish Salad
Seek out fresh fava beans for this salad—they’re a seasonal treat worth the time spent peeling and blanching.
- ½ pound fresh peas, blanched
- ½ pound shelled fava beans, blanched
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts, skins removed and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons roughly torn fresh mint leaves (from 2 to 3 sprigs mint)
- 1 cup ricotta
- Toss the first 5 ingredients with lemon juice and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Add mint leaves and toss gently to combine.
- Divide salad and ricotta among 4 plates and serve.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/