Feta, Cumin, Olive, and Chicken Tacos
The big flavors of Greek salad—tomato, cucumber, oregano, olives, and feta—adapt perfectly to the addition of cumin, cooked chicken, and plenty of fresh cilantro in this tangy taco filling. Make the mixture a few hours ahead to allow the seasonings time to penetrate all the parts—but be sure to fill the tacos just before serving.
- ½ cup crumbled standard firm-style feta
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅔ cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- ½ cup shaved cucumber (use a vegetable peeler)
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup diced yellow bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped, pitted olives
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, firmly packed
- 4 4-inch soft corn tortillas
- In a large bowl, combine feta, onion, olive oil, oregano, and cumin. Mix well, and let marinate 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, olives, and cilantro to feta mixture. Combine well, and set aside at least 20 minutes (preferably a couple of hours, covered, in the refrigerator).
- To serve, on an ungreased hot griddle or in a sauté pan, heat and lightly brown tortillas. Spoon one-quarter of the filling on each warm tortilla, and fold over to create a taco. Enjoy promptly.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/