Fried Green Tomato Sandwich with Home Grown Classic Pimento Cheese
Chunky, flavorful, and crafted with fresh, all-natural ingredients, Home grown Pimento Cheese is the perfect spread for this fried green tomato sandwich.
- Flour for dredging
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup cornmeal
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Canola oil for frying
- 4 to 5 green tomatoes halved and cut into ½-inch slices
- Home grown Pimento Cheese to taste
- 8 slices Texas toast
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- Add flour to a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, lightly beat eggs. In a third shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, cornmeal, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat ¼-inch to ½-inch of oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Dip a tomato slice in flour, then eggs, then the breadcrumb mixture. Add to hot oil. Continue with about a quarter of the tomato slices. Cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip tomatoes to cook other side until golden brown. Transfer tomatoes to a paper towel–lined plate. Repeat until all of the tomatoes are cooked.
- Meanwhile, warm pimento cheese until melted. Stir to incorporate.
- Toast bread. Spread equal amounts of warmed pimento cheese on each slice of bread. Top 4 bread slices with a few slices of fried green tomato and 1½ slices of bacon. Top with another piece of bread, cheese side down.