Grilled Graindorge Camembert Fondue
A round of melted, oozing Camembert is the perfect way to start off Indian Summer evenings when you can still eat and entertain outside. Calvados, an apple brandy from Normandy, helps stabilize the cheese when melted and keeps the curds from curdling. Graindorge is the only producer of Camembert with Calvados that adds Calvados directly into its cheese.
- 1 250 g wheel of E. Graindorge Camembert with Calvados
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Remove Camembert from box and unwrap.
- Soak box in water for up to 1 hour.
- Score the surface of the cheese.
- Drizzle honey and sprinkle thyme, rosemary, and fresh ground pepper over the top of the cheese.
- Place seasoned Camembert back in the box.
- Place box on warm BBQ grates or in the oven at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Serve with toast points, boiled potatoes, or apple slices.
Pair with hard apple cider, Pommeau, Chardonnay, and brown ales. Adapted from French Cheese Club