Grilled Summer Squash Salad with Green Peppercorn Chèvre
Wide ribbons of grilled zucchini and yellow summer squash, tossed with a simple olive oil dressing, are served with peppery arugula, nuts, and tangy goat cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 medium summer squash and zucchini (about 2 pounds), thinly sliced lengthwise into ribbons
- ½ small red onion, very thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups wild or baby arugula
- 4 ounces green peppercorn chèvre, crumbled
- Heat, a grill over medium heat (or a grill pan over medium-high). In a medium-size bowl, combine the olive oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Add the squash and zucchini ribbons, tossing
- to coat.
- Working in batches, grill the squash and zucchini until lightly charred and tender, about 2 minutes per side.
- Return the squash and zucchini to the bowl with the olive oil; toss with the onion, pine nuts, arugula, and cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/