Grilled Vegetable Salad with Vermont Creamery Crumbled Goat Cheese
This bright and flavorful summer vegetable salad is topped with fresh goat cheese and a cilantro-lime dressing. Serve on a bed of lettuce or alongside sandwiches or burgers for a crowd-pleasing picnic.
- 2 limes, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, thickly sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, thickly sliced
- ½ red onion, thickly sliced
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 2 large bell peppers
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 4 ounces Vermont Creamery crumbled goat cheese, classic
- Fresh herbs, optional
- Whisk lime juice and olive oil in a small bowl until combined. Add cilantro and garlic and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Toss zucchini, squash, eggplant, onion, corn, and peppers with ⅛ cup olive oil in a large bowl. Grill over medium-heat until tender and lightly charred, about 5 to 7 minutes for the zucchini, squash, and eggplant, and about 8 to 10 minutes for the peppers, onion, and corn. Remove from heat.
- Slice grilled peppers into large chunks and cut corn kernels from cobs.
- Arrange all vegetables on a large platter. Top with crumbled goat cheese. Pour dressing over vegetables and sprinkle with fresh herbs, if desired.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/