Jasper's Rigatoni Pasta with Buttermilk Blue
This recipe is from Chef Jasper Mirabile, of Jasper’s and Marco Polo’s Italian Market, Kansas City, MO. The unconventional combination of Buttermilk Blue and cantaloupe melon is deliciously harmonious in this pasta. Serve a large bowl at your next get-together and your guests will be begging for the recipe!
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 2 cups diced cantaloupe
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup chopped prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Buttermilk Blue, crumbled
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and sauté prosciutto until crispy. Add melon and cook for 2 - 3 additional minutes.
- Stir in cream and cook until reduced by half.
- Stir in Buttermilk Blue and cracked pepper; add pasta and toss with mint (optional). Serve hot.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/