Jell-O and Cottage Cheese Salad
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 6 oz package lime Jell-O
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz plain cottage cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup mixed chopped nuts and/or mini marshmallows (optional)
- ►Grease a 6-cup bundt pan.
- ►Heat 1 cup water until boiling, then pour into a bowl. Add Jell-O mix, then add another ½ cup of cool water. Stir to combine.
- ►Add canned pineapple to Jell-O mixture, then place in refrigerator for 60-90 minutes, until consistency becomes slightly syrupy.
- ►While waiting for Jell-O to cool, beat heavy cream into whipped cream using a whisk or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- ►Add cottage cheese and cream cheese to a small bowl; stir to combine. Fold in whipped cream.
- ►Add cottage cheese mixture to cooled Jell-O, along with desired mixture of nuts and mini marshmallows. Whisk to combine.
- ►Pour into prepared bundt pan, and refrigerate until firm, at least three hours.
- ►When ready to serve, submerge outside of bundt pan in warm water for a few seconds to loosen contents, then flip the salad onto a plate. Garnish with additional fruit and nuts as desired.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/