Kryssos Grilled Halloumi and Asian Pear Salad
Created by Global Master Chef Helmut F.J. Holzer CMC, this recipe is quick and simple to prepare. The sweetness of the pears matches the saltiness of the Halloumi for a perfect pairing on top of a summer salad. This salad is a crowd-pleaser and easy to prepare while entertaining.
- 1 ½ 8.8-ounce packages Kryssos Halloumi
- 2 Asian pears
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 ½ cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup quartered peppadew peppers
- ¼ cup Bella Maria Caramelized Walnuts
- Heat a grill to medium. Slice the cheese into ¼-inch thick rectangles. Slice the pears into wedges. Drizzle cheese and pear wedges with olive oil and grill.
- Whisk the Dijon mustard and the spices with the olive oil. Add the balsamic and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Toss the spinach with the dressing. Add the peppadew peppers and toss again. Top with the grilled halloumi, pears, and Bella Maria Caramelized Walnuts.
- Serve while cheese is warm.
Adapted from The Kryssos Co.