Maple Bourbon Cocktail
This is a sweet drink that can even win over sugar-haters. The bite of bourbon keeps things balanced and interesting, and the syrup adds a depth of flavor that white sugar just can’t achieve.
- 1½ ounces Woodford Reserve, or other straight Kentucky bourbon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 heaping tablespoon maple syrup
- Dash Angostura bitters
- Lemon peel to garnish (optional)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Combine all ingredients in shaker, and shake vigorously for 20 to 30 seconds, or until shaker is frosty. Strain into a small rocks glass and garnish with a lemon peel, if desired.
- TRY IT WITH: An English-style blue cheese. This cocktail’s sweetness is a delightful contrast to ultra-salty blue cheese, and the tang of lemon in the drink beautifully mirrors the cheese’s tangy blue veining on the palate. A hunk of Colston Bassett Dairy Stilton was the ticket for us.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/