Photographed by Ivan Raga.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake with Cookie Crust
Cap off a meal with a slice of this sweet-yet-tart dessert. Bonus: It’s an absolute cinch to make.
- 1⅓ cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups cream cheese
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon agar powder
- Strawberry jam to garnish
- Fresh strawberries to garnish
- ►Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter in a bowl until mixture resembles wet sand. Press into a 9-inch springform pan and refrigerate for 10 to 20 minutes.
- ►Heat cream cheese, milk, half-and-half, and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Once cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth, stir in agar powder.
- ►Pour mixture over chilled crust. Cool at room temperature for 10 minutes, then refrigerate until set, about 6 hours.
- ►Just before serving, remove cheesecake from pan, spread jam on top, and decorate with berries.