Pizza with Spinach, Artichokes, & Teleme
Like so many modern pizzas, it does not have a sauce. The cheese is the thing.
- Basic recipe, or two ready-made naan breads
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh baby artichokes, steamed and coarsely chopped (or ½ box frozen artichoke hearts, cooked, drained, and coarsely chopped)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces Teleme or Taleggio
- THE TOPPING: Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the garlic. Sauté briefly, then add the spinach and artichokes. Season with salt and cook until spinach is wilted. Season with pepper to taste.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Preheat the oven to 500°F. If using dough, oil a heavy baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with semolina. Stretch the dough out thinly into a rectangle. (For naan, just lay each piece on a baking sheet.) Spread the spinach mixture over the dough, leaving about 1 inch around the edge. Cut the cheese into small bits and distribute evenly over the top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges of the crust are crisp and golden brown and the cheese is melted.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/