Pumpkin Chèvre Macaroni and Cheese
Creamy chèvre, slightly tangy goat milk cheddar, and pumpkin puree combine to form a luxurious cheese sauce that takes minutes to make.
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour and whisk to incorporate. Cook, whisking occasionally to keep the bottom from burning, until light brown, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in milk. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree. Once the mixture is warm and smooth, add cheeses and whisk to incorporate. Add a splash of milk if the sauce is too thick.
- Toss cooked pasta in cheese sauce and serve.