Roasted Apricots with Feta, Honey, & Walnuts
In these beautiful baked apricot halves, the combination of aromatic fruit, honey, herb, nuts, and salty cheese is just right. Try to find the sweetest, ripest apricots. Otherwise, increase the honey a bit to balance the mixture.
- 6 firm, fresh apricots, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cup chunky crumbled feta
- 3–4 tablespoons wildflower honey
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 12 (or more) fresh rosemary needles
- Heat oven to 400°F. Brush apricot halves with olive oil, and bake for 15 minutes. The fruit will soften and release juices. Heat broiler.
- Top each baked apricot half with some feta and a drizzle of honey, then broil for 5 minutes, or until feta softens and begins to brown.
- Plate roasted apricots, and top each half with toasted walnuts, a second drizzle of honey, and a needle or two of fresh rosemary. Serve warm as an appetizer.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/