Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Hazelnuts, Cheddar, and Apples
This salad tastes even better the next day—store it dressed sans cheese and nuts (sprinkle those on top just before serving). If you don’t have a mandoline to shred the sprouts, a very sharp chef’s knife does the trick.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shaved on a mandoline
- 1 firm apple (such as Honeycrisp), sliced
- 4 ounces clothbound cheddar cheese, shaved
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, skins rubbed off, roughly chopped
- Whisk apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and honey together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine Brussels sprouts plus half the dressing in a large bowl and toss to coat. Add more dressing as desired (you may not use it all). Add apples and toss to coat. Divide salad between 4 plates and garnish with cheese shavings and hazelnuts.
culture: the word on cheese https://culturecheesemag.com/