Simply Artisan Reserve Grilled Apricot and Feta Kale Salad
Grilling apricots is so simple and magnifies the inherent flavor and sweetness exponentially. You simply cut the fruit in half, remove the pits, brush with olive oil and grill, centers down, for 3 to 4 minutes. For this salad, the grilled apricots are then flipped over and cooked for another minute topped with Simply Artisan Reserve Feta Cheese Crumbles. The rest of the salad can be tossed together in less than 5 minutes, especially if you opt for the convenient, pre-washed and pre-chopped kale from the produce section. Make your own salad selections and get as creative as you like.
- 6 halved and pitted apricots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 4- oz. container Simply Artisan Reserve Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 1 tablespoon Litehouse Instantly Fresh Mint
- 1 lb. washed and shredded kale
- ⅓ cup Litehouse Organic Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette
- ½ pint raspberries
- ½ cup Marcona almonds
- Heat grill to approximately 400 F degrees. Brush cut side of apricot halves with olive oil and place on grates with oiled side of fruit facing down.
- Grill apricots for approximately 3-4 minutes with the grill lid up. When softening and caramelizing, flip apricots over and place approximately one tablespoon of feta cheese crumbles in center and sprinkle with mint. Heat on grill for approximately one more minute or until cheese is warming. Remove apricots from grill and set aside.
- In large bowl, toss kale with salad dressing, massaging a bit with your fingers to soften leaves. The kale holds up well and can be dressed a few hours earlier, or even overnight, with favorable results.
- Place dressed kale on serving platter and top with apricots, raspberries, almonds, and remaining feta cheese crumbles.
Adapted from Simply Artisan Reserve